Jessica Wood is one of the top 100 Super Lawyers™ in Georgia. She has won all of her trials, including two directed verdicts. However, most cases do not go to trial: clients need to control costs, outcome, and the time expenditure of key executives. Jessica is known for achieving outstanding results for her clients without going to trial, including pre-suit resolutions, summary judgment dismissals after suit is filed, and defense settlements for no payment. Her practice areas include breach of fiduciary duty, contracts, employment, fraud, tortious interference with business relations, and trade secrets.
Jessica is active in the legal community. She serves on the Atlanta Bar Association’s Board of Directors and on advisory boards for Atlanta Legal Aid Society, Inc. and Good Thinking, Inc., a non-profit that creates communications strategies for other non-profits. She created Water Cooler Office Hours, an innovative mentoring program that allows law students to find role models and champions in an informal environment. In addition, Jessica is a frequent lecturer at law schools and continuing legal education classes for attorneys on a wide range of topics, including contract drafting, mindfulness in the practice of law, networking, pro bono work, and trial techniques.
– Georgia Supreme Court
– Georgia Court of Appeals
– United States Supreme Court
– United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
– United States Court of Federal Claims
– United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia
J.D., Georgia State University College of Law
B.A., Georgia State University
Professional Memberships + Affiliations
Atlanta Bar Association (Board; Co-Chair, Law School Outreach Committee; Member, International Law and Litigation Sections)
Atlanta Legal Aid Society, Inc. (Advisory Board)
Good Thinking, Inc. (Advisory Board)
Old War Horse Lawyers Club (Member)
South Asian Bar Association of Georgia (Member)
Presentations, Publications + Speaking Engagements
Bar Leadership – Georgia Latino Law Foundation
Closing Arguments Trial Skills Seminar
Creating Your Own Personal Brand: A View from the Partnership – Leader Within Panel
Integrating Community Service and Pro Bono Work Into Your Practice – Leader Within Panel
Leave Policies that Work for the Firm and the Lawyer: Doing Well and Being Well in the Law Presentation
Mentoring – GAWL Leadership Academy
Mindfulness: An Essential Skill for a New Generation of Attorneys – Georgia State University College of Law Panel
Networking – Atlanta Bar Association Developing Lawyer Series
Women in Law: Making Rain, Climbing the Ladder and Forging Your Path – Daily Report Panel
Awards + Honors
10 rating by Avvo (highest rating available)
AV® Preeminent™ rating by Martindale-Hubbell (highest rating available)
Commitment to Equality Award, State Bar of Georgia (2012)
Distinguished Service Award, Atlanta Bar Association (2014)
Georgia Super Lawyer (2006-2018)
Kathleen Kessler Award, Georgia Association for Women Lawyers (2012)
Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine (2007-2014)
Outstanding Woman of Achievement Award, Atlanta Bar Association, Women in the Professional Section (2011)
President’s Award, Georgia Association for Women Lawyers (2009)
Top 100 Super Lawyers – Georgia Super Lawyers (2012-2018)
Top 50 Women – Georgia Super Lawyer (2011-2018)
Visionary Award, Georgia Association for Women Lawyers (2007)
Volunteer Award, Georgia Association for Women Lawyers (2004)
Volunteer of the Year, Atlanta Legal Aid Society, Inc. (2017)
– Secured denial of temporary restraining order for Defendant, a design company, in a breach of contract and Uniform Deceptive Trade Practices Act action in which Plaintiff sought unspecified damages.
– Secured dismissal with prejudice on behalf of Defendant, a preschool, in a wrongful termination action in which Plaintiff sought unspecified damages.
– Secured dismissal with prejudice with favorable settlement terms on behalf of Defendant, an enterprise resource planning company, in a breach of commission action in which Plaintiff sought unspecified damages.
– Secured dismissal with prejudice with favorable settlement terms on behalf of Defendant, a company officer, in a fraud action in which Plaintiff sought unspecified punitive damages.
– Secured order granting motion for temporary restraining order and injunction on behalf of Plaintiff, a law firm, in an action involving a former employee who was trespassing on Plaintiff’s property.
– Secured order granting motion for temporary restraining order on behalf of Plaintiff, a manufacturer, in an action involving misappropriation of trade secrets.
– Secured withdrawal of claims against Defendant, a physician employee, in a breach of contract and slander action in which Plaintiff sought unspecified damages.
– Won $350,000.00 award on jury verdict for Plaintiff, a national service company, and an additional $19,247.86 for attorney’s fees and expenses as discovery sanctions awarded by the Judge, in a breach of contract action. Judgment affirmed in Carrier Corp. v. Rollins, Inc., 316 Ga. App. 630, 730 S.E.2d 103 (2012).
– Won constructive eviction and breach of lease counterclaims for tenant in attempted eviction action.
– Won motion for directed verdict in case filed against commercial landlord for breach of lease.
– Won motion for directed verdict in case filed against commercial cleaning company for conversion.
– Won motion for summary judgment for Defendant, a national service company, in breach of contract and negligence action in which Plaintiff sought nearly one half a million for alleged building damage and unspecified medical damages. Amin v. Fireman’s Fund Ins. Co., No. A12A1786 (Ga. App. Mar. 11, 2013 (affirming grant of summary judgment), cert. denied, No. S13C1029 (Ga. June 17, 2013).
– Won over $1 million dollar jury verdict for Plaintiff, a NYSE listed owner of a Fortune 500 service company, including attorney’s fees and expenses, in a breach of contract action. Judgment affirmed in Hewitt Assocs., LLC v. Rollins, Inc., 308 Ga. App. 848, 708 S.E.2d 697 (2011).
– Won over $300,000.00 award on jury verdict for Plaintiff, a national franchisor, including attorney’s fees and expenses, in breach of contract action.
– Won over half a million dollars from three arbitrator panel for Claimant, a physician member of an LLC, including attorney’s fees and expense, in a breach of contract, usurpation of corporation opportunity and breach of fiduciary duty action.